- Understand the problem before trying to solve it.
- Time matters, build for people on the go.
- Focus should be on content and context rather than UI. Saying that a good UI makes it easy for users to complete, and not get distracted.
- Start with the basics.
- Engage beginners and attract experts.
- Make your application predictable.
- Start with needs. Use data to identify real user needs and design around them.
- Understand the importance of user tasks, and establish a visual hierarchy.
- Limit distractions.
- Provide signposts and cues.
*The above list were compiled from a variety of sources.
Tags: principles, UX