It can be hard to get the right or useful feedback when you are remote user testing. When you sit in the same room as someone its easy to think of ways you can rephrase the question or task so that the participant will understand, but when you work remotely, you’ll need to be especially careful that your instructions are watertight as there is no opportunity for probing.
Below is an example of task feedback question that helps you understand why a user was unsuccessful in completing a task
Did you complete the task successfully?
- I’m sure I completed the entire task successfully
- I’m not sure if i complete the entire task successfully
- The task took so long that I gave up
- The sites information or navigation was poor
- I encountered an error or a bug
- I was confused by the task instructions
- Other (please explain)
Tags: user testing, UX